For many older adults, the process of getting out of a wheelchair can be incredibly daunting. Decreased mobility is common with aging. Shifting from one seat to another, unfortunately, opens opportunities for slips and falls. Without proper wheelchair-to-bed transfer, it’s all too easy to have an injury take place.
This is exactly why Custom Home Care provides a walking assistant for elderly patients, as well as help transferring a patient from a bed to a wheelchair and vice versa. Through proper handling and transfer, individuals face less of the instability that leads to harmful accidents. If you or someone you love is having trouble moving in and out of a wheelchair, we provide the in-home support and senior mobility aids that can make all the difference.
Who Benefits From Fall Prevention Services?
Intended for seniors with:
- Physical limitations
- A need for assistance with activities of daily living (ADLs)
- Alzheimer’s & dementia
- Poor medication compliance
- The need for companionship
- Feelings of loneliness & isolation
- Post-surgery & rehab needs
- Short term illnesses such as the flu, urinary tract infections (UTIs) or generalized weakness
- Family caregivers needing respite care in Chicago or the surrounding area
- The need for assistance with outings, errands and appointments
- And other individual client needs and requests
Why Choose Custom Home Care?
Since 1994, Custom Home Care has been enhancing the well-being and independence of seniors through professional home care — including when it comes to the transfer of the elderly from a wheelchair to a car or bed. Today, we’re the most trusted home care agency in Chicagoland, offering a loving approach backed by a mission to enhance the lives of the people we serve. Our agency is owned and managed by nurses, and we employ only the most well-trained, experienced professionals.
Available 24/7/365, our caregivers know how to transfer a patient from a bed to a chair smoothly and safely. In transfers — as in all of our other services — we are passionate about adhering to the highest ethical standards in the industry, enhancing our clients’ quality of life.
Interested in learning more? Contact Custom Home Care for a free nursing consultation.